We are delighted to announce the official release of SmartGit 22.1. First, we want to thank all users who have tested the preview versions and provided valuable feedback. Without you, the progress would not have been possible!
We have taken the SmartGit user feedback seriously and implemented some of the most requested features. SmartGit 22.1 comes with
- the new Standard window to make workflows easier,
- improved log graph display,
- improved Git repository performance and flexibility,
- multi-commit cherry-pick and revert can be continued after conflict,
- better display of LFS states,
- Syntax coloring support for new languages (Crystal, Zig, Groovy),
- and improved a lot of other existing features.
Check out What’s New for a more detailed list of improvements in version 22.1.
SmartGit is a graphical front-end for the distributed version control systems Git which also can be used to work with Subversion repositories. SmartGit runs on 64-bit systems of Windows 10-11, macOS 10.13-13 and Linux (GTK 3.20+).
OpenSource developers, students, teachers or members of certain welfare institutions can request a free non-commercial license. For commercial use or if support is needed, you can purchase commercial licenses starting at 59 USD/year net (55 EUR/year net).
Note: if you already have an existing installation of SmartGit and your license covers updates until 2022-11-11 or later, you will be upgraded automatically during the next couple of weeks.